Trainer Class 2
Permitting the holder to train not
more than the number of greyhounds prescribed by the Authority.
(The prescribed greyhounds at this time is not more than 10 racing
- Applicants must be over 18 years.
- Applicants must provide Racing Queensland with a National
Police Certificate (name only). You will need to visit a local
police station with proof of identity to apply for a National
Police Certificate, the fee is approximately $50.00, and also
ensure that you obtain a receipt.
- Applicants that have been licenced with Racing Queensland
within the last 5 years of application date will not be required to
provide a National Police Certificate.
- A photograph will be required by Racing Queensland to
produce your licence. If calling into the office of Racing
Queensland we will be happy to take your photograph, or you can
provide Racing Queensland with a passport size photograph or
email photo in .bmp or .jpeg format.
- Applicants must provide description of kenneling/housing of
- If not licenced with a greyhound controlling body within the
last 5 years of application date, applicants will be required to
complete a competency assessment and practical assessment within 3
months of licence application date. Applicants upgrading from an
Attendant's or Class 3 Trainer's licence will be required to
compete a competency assessment only. Failure to complete the
assessment/s within the 3 month period may result in your licence
After Racing Queensland has processed your application you will
be sent your licence and a rule book. You will also receive the
"Greyhounds Qld Magazine".