Permitting the holder to handle a
greyhound on behalf of a licenced or registered person.
Applicant must be 14 years or
- Applicants under 16 years will be granted a provisional licence
to catch greyhounds only.
- Applicants 18 years and older must provide Racing Queensland
with a National Police Certificate (name only). You will need to
visit a local police station with proof of identity to apply for a
National Police Certificate, the fee is approximately $50.00, and
also ensure that you obtain a receipt.
- Applicants that have been licenced with Racing Queensland
within the last 5 years of application date will not be required to
provide a National Police Certificate.
- A photograph will be required by Racing Queensland to
produce your licence. If calling into the office of Racing
Queensland we will be happy to take your photograph, or you can
provide Racing Queensland with a passport size photograph or
email photo in .bmp or .jpeg format.
- If not licenced with a greyhound controlling body within the
last 5 years of application date, applicants will be required to
complete a competency assessment and practical assessment within 3
months of licence application date. Failure to complete the
assessments within the 3 month period may result in your licence